Monday, July 7, 2014

Welcome & Introductions

   Hello loves & welcome to my first official blog post! I am so excited to take this next step into the blogging world and share more of my personal life with you all. If you are new to me and just so happened to stumble across my little side of the Internet, I wanted to take the time to introduce myself and introduce the types of posts I'll be doing and what I hope this blog will become.


  For starters, hello, my name is Kirsten and I'm your not-so-average 19 year old. I am currently living in coastal North Carolina with my high school sweetheart Brian and we've been together a little over 3 and a half years. I work part-time as a barista inside a Barne's and Noble and in the fall I will also be a part-time student studying to be a Psychology major. I'm a military dependent (brat) so I've lived many different places and I like to think I'm a wee bit cultured in that sense. I'm a beauty vlogger on YouTube with 30,000+ (I know, it's still insane to me) subscribers whom I appreciate dearly. Oh, and another thing, I just found out that Brian and I are expecting a baby early in 2015!
  The main reason I wanted to start a blog was because I wanted to document my journey and share my experiences with everyone in a different outlet other than videos. Sometimes it's fun to sit down and talk to a camera about my life, or share my favorite mascara. But for the most part, I really enjoy not getting all done up for the day just to film a video, but rather sit down and type out my thoughts. This blog will be perfect for expressing everything I want to share and more without the whole filming, editing, uploading, etc. process.
  So to what I want this blog to be for me, and for you of course:
     1. First and foremost I want to do many baby posts, going from weekly updates, doctors appointments, photos, purchases, and of course many exciting things once our little one arrives.
    2. Brian and I just signed a lease on our own apartment so when we move in on July 20th, I want to do many home posts as well. Posts such as decorating, organization, diy's, etc.
   3. I'm also a huge lover of all holiday's and special events, so I want to do posts that revolve around that as well. How I've decorated, how we celebrated, etc.
   4. Although my blog name is Trading Mascara for Mommyhood, I'm still a bit of a beauty product junkie. Having worked at Sephora for a year only made me crazier for new products. So occasionally I might post a few things related to beauty items as well.
   5. Last, but maybe not least, I want to try and fit in some food posts as well. For those of you that know me, you know I am not the greatest cook or baker, but I would love to become one! I would love to share recipes with you all and baking ideas. Things that I probably won't be good at, but it'll be fun to experiment and try.



  With all that being said, I hope you stick around for a bit. Click that follow button and experience this crazy journey that's ahead for me. I can't wait to share everything with you guys as well! If you have any questions or need to get into contact with me at all, I'm a huge social media addict so feel free to get ahold of me in any of the following ways:


& what would this blog post be without some sort of picture? Here's a quick one of Brian and I that I posted on Instagram last week just so you can get a glimpse of the craziness to come.

- xo, Kirsten

0 comments:

Post a Comment